TCC runs a number of Connect Groups (that’s what we call our midweek Bible Study groups). We call them Connect Groups because their goal is to help people: connect with God through the study of the Bible & prayer; connect with each other through fellowship, encouragement & mutual accountability; and connect with our neighbours by being salt & light within our communities.
There are a number of different groups, all of varying shapes & sizes, meeting at different times & venues, all seeking to grow people in their knowledge of and trust in Jesus Christ. It’s in these groups that the Bible is applied in greater detail and the people experience care, accountability, and discipleship in ways that cannot be experienced within the larger church gatherings.
We strive for all our groups to be healthy. By that, we mean groups that hold to certain positive values: ownership (where each member experiences a sense of belonging); participation (seeking high levels of involvement in discussion); openness (honesty & vulnerability in self-disclosure); service (each member using their gifts); and achievement (where group & individual goals for growth are being achieved). Our groups are not perfect but we believe these are good values to strive for and a means to grow in godliness.
Groups generally study the Bible in conjunction with the material covered in our Sunday Morning Sermons. Although, we do have some introductory groups from time to time as well. Contact the church office for more details of these.
The list below will give you an idea of the times and places our Connect Groups meet. Check the Resources page for a more detailed list and a current schedule of Connect Group activities. Do feel free to contact the church office if you have any questions or need help finding a Connect Group that fits you.
- Wed @ 19:30 – Bobby Bertrand / Marius Le Roux, TOKAI
- Wed @ 19:30 – Denzil Abrahams Bryan Moyles, TOKAI
- Wed @ 19:30 – Michael Watson, DIEP RIVER
- Wed @ 20:00 – John Child / Kevin Duke, KIRSTENHOF
- Thurs @ 19:30 – Drew Preston / Martin Koekemoer, STONEHURST
- Thurs @ 20:00 – John Meiring / Mark Cronje, KIRSTENHOF
- Thurs @ 20:00 – Paul Theodosiou / Peter Temple, CONSTANTIA HILLS
- Wed @ 18:00 – Luke Giles, TOKAI
- Wed @ 18:00 – Graham van Veen, LAKESIDE
- Thurs @ 09:45 – Iris Sheriffs, KIRSTENHOF
- Thurs @ 11:30 – Dagi Smuts, TOKAI
- Thurs @ 19:30 – GWC Explore Course– Sue Kilfoyle, LAKESIDE
- Thurs @ 19:30 – Ken Maggs, TOKAI
For STUDENTS & YOUNG ADULTS
- Wed @ 19:45 – Trevor Pascoe, CONSTANTIA
CENTRAL STUDIES @ TCC
- Mid-week Connect: Wed @ 20:00 – Graham van Veen
A central Bible study that follows the morning sermon series. Open to all.
- Morning Connect: Thurs @ 10:00 – Luke Giles
Same as above but during the day. Open to all. Tea and cake available afterwards.
- Men’s Partnership: Fri @ 16:30 – Luke Giles
A weekly breakfast challenging men (R25).